Recipe by mollypaul
Comfort food from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Top Review by kateleestar
My Mother passed away suddenly a few years ago, and recently I've been on a hunt for recipies she made when I was a kid so when I have kids I can make them too. My grandma's friends in PA were Pennsylvania Dutch (she was 1/2 italian and 1/2 french)and she made this ALL THE TIME, and so did my Mom. This tasted just like I wanted it to. Thank you SO much! 5 stars!
- 1360.77 g ham
- 946.0 ml fresh green beans, snapped into pieces
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover a 3 pound piece of fat ham with cold water; simmer for 3 hours, adding more water if necessary to keep at least a quart of broth at all times.
- Add green beans and quartered potatoes; cook for 30 minutes longer.
- Slice ham and serve hot with vegetables and broth.