Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious fried rice recipe taught to me by an Asian friend. The rice must be cooked and well dried out before you start. I find my rice cooker does the job perfectly. When the cooker is finished, leave the rice in there for at least another half hour, stirring from the bottom ocassionally to let it dry out.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on angle
- 2 small chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 12 king prawns, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated ginger
- 1⁄3 cup good quality indonesian soy sauce
- salt & pepper, don't be afraid to add a good portion of each, I put in about 1 tablespoon pepper and 1 1/2 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a oiled wok, cook the egg to make an omelette; remove from pan and slice.
- Add more olive oil;throw in chicken, prawns, mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly, for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add ginger; stir through.
- Add rice; continue to stir constantly from bottom of pan.
- Add soy sauce, salt and pepper; keep stirring.
- Turn heat down if rice is sticking to pan.
- Continue to stir till all ingredients are mixed through, then add onion and egg.
- Stir through for another minute and turn off heat. Turn rice every few minutes with heat off to stop it going soggy on the bottom.
- Serve and enjoy.