Recipe by Barb in WNY
Copied years ago from an unknown library cookbook.
Top Review by Ducky
Made these for DH to hold him over to dinner. He loved them! I made a 1/2 recipe and used various cheddar cheeses (out of mozzarella) and skipped the basil. It took me 2 1/2 - 3 minutes in the microwave. Made for PAC April 2009.
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 medium tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheese, pepperoni, onion, mayonnaise and basil in a mixing bowl; mix well.
- Sice each tomato into 4 slices, place on a serving plate.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto each; spread to cover.
- Microwave at HIGH, uncovered, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted; rotating dish once.