Prep 15 mins
Cook 36 mins
My girlfriend made this dish for me, its so good and very quick and easy to make. I love ginger so she added it just for me. I couldn't believe how great this is...perfect at the end of the meal. Very refreshing and light.
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 lime, thinly pared
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream (garnish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, candied, finely shredded (optional)
- Prepare your pineapple and place in a serving dish.
- Add the crushed cardamom pods to a small pan with the lime rind and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and add sugar, then cover with lid and leave for 5 minutes.
- Make sure that the sugar has dissolved, if not stir until it is.
- Next you want to add the lime juice and strain it over the pineapple slices, then cover and chill in the fridge for 30 - for a suble flavor, 60 minutes for a stronger flavor.
- Add the shredded ginger to your prepared whipped cream and use as a garnish for the pineapple.
WOW a lovely light dessert, unfortunately I don't know what happened to the cardamon pods and has to use ground cardamon but followed through using half a large pineapple which was plenty for 3 of us but that ginger cream is definately the jewel on the crown which brings it all together in its shining glory. thank you Baby Kato, made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #44 September 2010.
OH MY. This is sooooo good!! I wish I had made more whipped cream, tho. ;) Hearing 'Thai' I think 'spice'. I wonder if adding a small chili pepper to the syrup might be fun? I also like the fact that both the zest & juice were used. Absolutely delicious. I'm thinking I'll keep pineapple soaking in the syrup in a Tupperware container in the fridge all summer then I can just whip up some cream whenever. Instant dessert. :) Thanks for sharing!