1/1 Photo of Special Sweet N Sour Cabbage -- Hcg Protocol Friendly
Mommy Diva's Note:
I love sweet and sour red cabbage and was missing the flavor while on my current diet plan. This is a quick recipe I came up with while following Dr.Simeons HCG Protocol. This is completely "legal" on VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) for those following protocol. Adjust spices according to your taste preferences. **Note - I use Sweetleaf Stevia powder in the shaker - Stevia is much sweeter than sugar so sprinkle lightly and adjust to taste as with other spices. Goes great with a burger (4% Laura's is terrific) on the foreman grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups red cabbage, rough chopped (or large shreds)
- 1/4-1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (depends on amount of sauce you want)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia, less to taste (stevia is much sweeter than sugar)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, add cabbage and stir for 1 minute.
- 2Add all remaining ingredients and cover.
- 3Stir periodically cooking about 6-8 minutes until crisp-tender.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Sweet N Sour Cabbage -- Hcg Protocol Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: