Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The blue cheese in this elegant stuffing enhances the flavor of any poultry. Cook time out of the bird is about 25 minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups croutons
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled american blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash pepper
- broth, from giblets
- In butter, sauté the celery, mushroom, and onion.
- In large bowl, combine the croutons, parsley, water chestnuts, blue cheese, poultry seasoning, sugar and pepper. Add the celery and onion mixture, blend well by tossing lightly.
- Add enough broth to dampen the ingredients; mix well. Stuff your bird or bake until hot all the way through and brown on top.