1/1 Photo of Special Stuffed Strawberry Cupcakes
These cupcakes are light, refreshing, pretty and not-to-mention delicious. They are frosted with a whipped combination of strawberry frosting and cool whip, which makes a light frosting that doesn't taste cloyingly sweet or store-bought. They are also stuffed with strawberry frosting and fresh chopped strawberries. To make them extra pretty, garnish each cupcake with sliced strawberries and the serving plate with large, fanned strawberries. I made these for my daughter's 2nd birthday party. All our guests enjoyed them including the guest of honor, who said "mmm" the entire time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 (16 ounce) jars strawberry frosting (Pillsbury Creamy Supreme)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 quart strawberry (reserve 3-4 largest, slice most of them & finely chop 2-3 small ones to measure 1/4 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Place cupcake liners in muffin pan cups.
- 2Cupcakes: Prepare cake batter as directed on back of cake mix box. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool for one hour. With an apple corer or melon baller, scoop out the center of each cupcake, discarding the cake scraps--or snack on if desired. :)
- 3Frosting: In a large mixing bowl, whip together strawberry frosting and cool whip with an electric mixer until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl to thoroughly combine.
- 4Stuffing: In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of the frosting mixture and 1/4 cup of finely chopped strawberries. Place the mixture into a piping bag with the largest circular tip or simply snip the end of the bag. Pipe into the center hole of each cupcake.
- 5Per your preference, either pipe or spread the frosting generously atop each cupcake. Garnish each cupcake with sliced strawberries. Reserve 3-4 of the largest strawberries to fan and garnish the serving platter.
- 6Refrigerate cupcakes until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Stuffed Strawberry Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (2044 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: