Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Strawberry syrup canning recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 quarts strawberries, crushed
- 1 lemon peel, strip 2-inch long
- 3 cups water, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Follow manufacturer's directions for preparing home canning jars and two-piece vacuum caps.
- Combine strawberries, lemon peel and 1 1/2 cups water in medium saucepot.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Strain mixture through a damp jelly bag or several layers of cheesecloth. Combine sugar and 1 1/2 cups water in a medium saucepot; bring to 260 degrees (adjust for altitude).
- Add strawberry juice, corn syrup and lemon juice to sugar syrup. Boil 4 minutes.
- Carefully ladle hot syrup into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rim clean. Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass. Screw band down evenly and firmly just until a point of resistance is met; fingertip tight.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.