Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh, crowd pleasing salad with unique combination of ingredients joined with a "drinkable" dressing.
- 1 bunch spinach leaves, well washed
- 6 -8 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped, crispy and drained
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- Place all dressing ingredients into a cruet or jar and shake very well. Let dressing sit while you build salad.
- Build salad from spinach at the bottom to crumpled bacon on top. Chill on plates for 30-60 minutes. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad.