Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Allegany County Garden Club Cookbook. The recipe was submitted by Margaret Mersereau. This is very soft when first made. After a day or 2 it becomes firmer. May be substituted in any recipe calling for shortening.
- 1 cup corn oil margarine (preferably unsalted)
- 2⁄3 cup safflower oil or 2⁄3 cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In electric mixer cream margarine until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in oil and water alternately.
- Store in coolest part of refrigerator or better still, in freezer.