Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is so good. This is from TOH. Chilling time is cooking time.
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄3 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar and pepper.
- Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat.
This is an EXCELLENT recipe (it's almost the same as the recipe for Spinach, Chicken, and Pasta Salad from Favorites cookbook by Ivory family... a fabulous cookbook that raises money for Make-a-Wish Foundation).
The only difference is that the other recipe calls for 1/2 tsp salt. It works out great to marinate pasta overnight.
Thanks for posting it... glad I don't have to! : )