Recipe by children from A to Z
This is so good. This is from TOH. Chilling time is cooking time.
Top Review by Chef TanyaW
This is an EXCELLENT recipe (it's almost the same as the recipe for Spinach, Chicken, and Pasta Salad from Favorites cookbook by Ivory family... a fabulous cookbook that raises money for Make-a-Wish Foundation).
The only difference is that the other recipe calls for 1/2 tsp salt. It works out great to marinate pasta overnight.
Thanks for posting it... glad I don't have to! : )
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄3 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar and pepper.
- Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat.