This is a more modern Scottish recipe. Makes a nice change from mashed potatoes and is a great accompaniment to most beef, pork, or lamb dishes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the swede until tender (about 20 minutes) and drain.
- 2Meanwhile, fry the onion in the oil and after 2 minutes add the drippings and apples.
- 3Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- 4Mash the swede and add to the pan.
- 5Season and stir well.
- 6Sprinkle a little grated nutmeg on top and serve.
- 7For the Vegetarian option please use butter.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Scottish Swede
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g