Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a more modern Scottish recipe. Makes a nice change from mashed potatoes and is a great accompaniment to most beef, pork, or lamb dishes
- Boil the swede until tender (about 20 minutes) and drain.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in the oil and after 2 minutes add the drippings and apples.
- Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Mash the swede and add to the pan.
- Season and stir well.
- Sprinkle a little grated nutmeg on top and serve.
- For the Vegetarian option please use butter.