Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A true Indigo! original, this is a creamy dip we started enjoying in our sheltered dorm days, when the going was tough and the cooking implements even tougher. Now that I'm finally out in the real world with a real kitchen (yipppeeeee!) I like making it when I need something salty and spicy to munch on... Great with tortilla chips, hot or cold! Have a "Special" Salsa Party by invite only! :)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (I always try to find the hottest, chunkiest kind!)
- 8 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature, to taste (can use light)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- 1 jalapenos (optional) or 1 habanero, chopped (optional)
- Mix salsa and cream cheese (and peppers, if using) until desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave until cheese has melted. You may either mix it in to the salsa and cream cheese, or just keep in on top to dip through.
- You can also stick this in the fridge and chill, then sprinkle with cheese, for a cool yet spicy alternative!
Really good dip. I didn't have any peppers, but is very good without it. I'm stuck in a motel for the next week and needed something microwaveable to snack on....this fit the bill. I will be making this again
This is a great dip, very easy to make. I use a can of ro-tel, instead of the salsa, and I don't microwave it. Just soften the cream cheese and then stir in the ro-tel, juice and all. You will have to refrigerate it to get it to set up a bit. This is also an excellent topping for baked potatoes!