Recipe by Sharon123
A lovely way to serve salmon with a decidedly Scandinavian twist!
Top Review by kiwidutch
I loved this and DH liked it.. he said it needed more flavour and would prefer not to have it again, I on the other hand loved it for it's healthy simplicity and would be most happy to make it for myself often. The aroma of the pickling spices is wonderful. The photo was taken when the salmon came out of the oven and was cooling off before going into the fridge, I added only a tiny amount of mayo and cuccumber to it later becuase we prefer it that way. Please see my rating system: DH would have given it 3 stars but I wanted 4, so we give always the higher of the two when split to give benifit of the doubt for personal preferences and this gets (what I think) is a yummy 4 stars. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pickling spices
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt salmon to taste.
- Arrange onion and lemon slices, spices and garlic in a well-greased casserole. Place salmon skin side up over the seasonings.
- Cover tightly and bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees for 1 hour. Chill.
- Place on a serving platter and remove skin carefully.
- Garnish with mayonnaise and cucumber slices.
- Serves 6.