I made this dish to go with lasagna one day,I needed something just a little bit different to add to the dinner in addition to the usual garlic bread and salad. I think they liked this better than the lasagna.
- 2 -3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 large zucchini, peeled and cut up into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Put potatoes and carrots in greased baking dish (13x9).
- Drizzle with olive oil;add basil,oregano,salt, pepper,paprika and toss till coated.
- Bake at 425 F degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Add zucchini and garlic;stir up and return to oven for another 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add the cheese and return to oven till melted and garnish with parsley if desired.
this was awsome! I used sweet potato, carrots, brocolli, yellow and green squash. Thanks for sharing! This will be a staple for sure.
I have to admit I knew this would be good since I have had something like this before. Let me say this is my new favorite way for us to get our veggies! I added some sliced onions and whole mushrooms. Next time I will use more onions and add them later on with the zucchini since they got a bit mushy. The carrots were my favorite, so sweet and tender! Next time I want to try eggplant. I used a non-stick jelly roll pan since it was lighter and easier to clean. I sprinkled a little parmesan cheese on top but they didn't even need it! Mine was done in about 30 min total. Thanks for the keeper!
Jan, this is a winner! I used: baby portobello mushrooms, zucchini, red bell peppers, onions, and red potatos. The cheese is what makes this recipe really shine- I used Parmesan-Reggiano. We'll be eating these a lot!