Recipe by Aproned Cynthia
Classic, southern-style deviled eggs with a smoky twist, bacon and smoked paprika. I created this recipe for a friend; her widowed dad loves deviled eggs and she hoped I might have a recipe for them.
- 10 eggs
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and pulsed or chopped to bits
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt, such as Lawry's
- smoked paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover eggs with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover 12 minutes.
- Pour off hot water and cover in ice water until cool to touch.
- Peel and slice eggs lengthwise.
- Gently pop out yolk into a bowl.
- Smash yolks with a fork and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture into the egg halves.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.