Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Classic, southern-style deviled eggs with a smoky twist, bacon and smoked paprika. I created this recipe for a friend; her widowed dad loves deviled eggs and she hoped I might have a recipe for them.
- Cover eggs with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover 12 minutes.
- Pour off hot water and cover in ice water until cool to touch.
- Peel and slice eggs lengthwise.
- Gently pop out yolk into a bowl.
- Smash yolks with a fork and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon or pipe egg yolk mixture into the egg halves.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
Easy, different, & went fast! Who doesn't love bacon? LOL
Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
Great deviled eggs that the 2 of us enjoyed all for ourselves! I did use Hormel's Real Bacon Pieces but diced them up even more! Wonderful combo of flavors & I'll be making these again before long to include on the finger food counter at one of the next gatherings I host each month! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
Very good deviled eggs! Loved the bacon in them. Made for Spring PAC 2012.