Recipe by MailbagMary
This recipe goes along with the Hillvilla Pumpkin Pie recipe that I just posted. It's the special seasoning that baker Eddie Palaski used for his famous pumpkin pie served at the Hillvilla Restaurant in Portland, Oregon, and was printed along with his obituary in the Oregonian newspaper.
Top Review by soursugar
Special is right! I thought I'd try this exactly as written even though the previous reviewer really didn't like the pepper. I'm glad I made a full batch because I'm going to use it in all my sweet pumpkin recipes from now on! I used it in my Recipe #338030 and they turned out far more delicious than they ever have with store bought pumpkin pie seasoning. Thanks!!
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper (that's correct!)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger