- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canhunt's petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf (2/3 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted*
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat 1 minute. Add bell peppers, onions and garlic; cook 8 to 9 minutes, or until onions are tender and liquid is evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, basil and vinegar; stir. Cook 1 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta, seafood or chicken. Or, serve spread onto French bread slices or wrapped in lettuce leaves as an easy appetizer.