Recipe by Wild Squirrel
This decadent dessert is a prize-winner from a recent issue of Simple and Delicious magazine. Go light on the portions, or your guests won't be able to finish! It also helps to serve it with milk. Note: I used more than the suggested nine portions of cookie dough for the crust. In fact, I made my own dough and used the equivalent of about 18 ounces/one package of prepared cookie dough.
- 1 (18 ounce) packageready-to-bake refrigerated triple chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemilk chocolate toffee pieces
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) package Dove dark chocolate miniatures, decorative candies
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6 ounce) carton vanilla yogurt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Allow the cookie dough to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften, then press it into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Reserve two tablespoons of the toffee bits for garnish and sprinkle the remaining bits over the dough.
- Melt the chocolate candies in a microwave-safe bowl on 70% power for 15 seconds and stir. Continue to melt the chocolates in 5-second intervals until completely melted and smooth when stirred.
- Beat the cream cheese, milk and yogurt until smooth, then add the eggs and beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in the vanilla and melted chocolate and pour the mixture over the unbaked crust and toffee bits.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set, then place the cheesecake on a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. If time is short, you can place it in the freezer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Garnish the cheesecake with whipped cream and the reserved toffee bits. Be sure to refrigerate any leftovers.