Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a healthy sandwich for the kids.
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, peeled, and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon. Spread some peanut butter on bread.
- Top the peanut butter with apple slices.
Yummy sandwich! I sprinkled the cinnamon over the (Skippy) peanut butter and used a Jonagold apple (what I had on hand). Thanks for posting this tasty treat Charlotte!
Very good idea! Love the combo of the cinnamon and pb. I used Granny Smith as called for and Jif Creamy. I didn't have wheat bread, so I used French bread. This would definitely taste better on wheat bread, although the cinnamon and pb on the apple slices are great on their own w/o the bread, too! Thanks for sharing this healthy sandwich. Made for My-3-Chefs June 2008.