Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Parsnips not only add an extra vegetable but also a mild sweetness to mashed potatoes. Cheddar cheese and bacon along with the sour cream and chive prepared potatoes make it an easy and decadent dish. Enjoy often..not just on special occasions!
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into even chunks
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 (24 ounce) Simply Potatoes Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Place parsnips in a large pot, cover with cold water, and cook until fork tender. Drain.
- Return parsnips to the pot. Add the half- and- half and mash.
- Stir in contents of the mashed potatoes into the pot with the parsnips. Return pot to burner and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Serve as a side dish or as a meal with a salad.