Recipe by misaistheboofy
This is a recipe my wife and I have tinkered with and molded to our likes. We make it for special occasions, as the title suggests. Some of the ingredients are simply "to taste," so feel free to tinker with the proportions to suit your own tastes.
Top Review by breezermom
Totally delicious! I've had everything in this combination except the mandarin oranges before, and this was a nice sweet addition. This is one of my son's favorite salads. Beautiful presentation, and excellent taste! Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) bag candied walnuts or 1 (4 ounce) bag pecans
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) containerof crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry-walnut vinaigrette (or to taste)