Recipe by Debber
This is an extravagant splurge, so please cut the pieces in skinny slivers and the calorie count isn't so damaging! Make sure the cream cheese is at room temp for the best consistency of the batter. Try using orange flavoring instead of the usual vanilla--the orange and the chocolate will POP in your mouth. Cooking time does NOT include chilling time...so please PLAN AHEAD---this needs time to chill. Gotta love those folks at Gooseberry Patch--for always publishing such excellent recipes! Mmm-good!
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich style cookies, about 21 cookies (like Oreos)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam (seedless if possible)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sweetened whipped cream
- fresh raspberry
- mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- CRUST --
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly into bottom of 10-inch springform pan; bake for 8 minutes; cool in pan on wire rack.
- Turn stove temp down to 325.
- VANILLA BATTER --
- Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well; add eggs (one-at-a-time) beating well after each; stir in sour cream and vanilla; set aside.
- TRUFFLE BATTER --
- Combine cream cheese, melted chips and jam; stir well.
- PUT IT TOGETHER --
- Pour/Spoon two-thirds of the vanilla batter over the crust; then drop rounded spoons-ful of truffle batter over the batter in the pan; pour remaining vanilla batter on top of that.
- Bake at 325 for 80 minutes (1 hr, 20 min)--batter will be "almost set" (cake rises above pan);
- TOPPING --
- While that is baking, combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- When cake has been in the oven for 1 hr, 20 minutes, INCREASE TEMP to 375 and pour topping mixture over the cake; bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool in pan on wire rack for several hours.
- Cover and chill in fridge for 8 hours.
- TO SERVE --
- Combine chocolate chips and whipping cream in saucepan (or microwave) until chocolate melts.
- Remove sides of pan, slice into servings; drizzle chocolate over slices of cake.
- Garnish as desired.