1/1 Photo of Special Mocha Cupcakes
"Topped with a fluffy frosting and chocolate sprinkles, these extra rich, extra delicious cupcakes smell wonderful while baking and taste even better!" Submitted to Taste of Home by Mary Bilyeu. It won first place in a cupcake contest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, coffee, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
- 2Add to dry ingerdients; mix well.
- 3Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 4Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- 6For frosting, in a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth.
- 7Add butter; beat until blended.
- 8Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and coffee.
- 9Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- 10Top with sprinkles; gently press down.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Mocha Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 251.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: