1/1 Photo of Special Mexican Chicken Soup
I know there are a lot of Mexican/Taco/Soup/Stew recipes out there but I hope you'll try this one! .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, canned
- 1/4 cup canned green chili
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can hominy, drained (or frozen corn kernels)
- 4 whole canned tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded cooked skinless chicken breast (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juice of
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, celery, garlic, chili powder, and cumin, and cook until the onion softens, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat slightly, and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the green chiles, hominy, tomatoes, and oregano and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5Pull the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chicken, cilantro leaves, and lime juice.
- 6Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Mexican Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 245.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole canned tomatoes
skinless chicken breasts