Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are a pumpkin lover like me..then here's a wonderful dessert you are sure to enjoy. A delicious ending for your guests or family to enjoy. (Note: plan ahead, this dessert needs to stay in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight)
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 lb marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream or 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 6 tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Cool Whip, frozen topping thawed or 2 cups whipped cream, whipped,divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- In a bowl, combine gingersnaps, butter and sugar; mix well.
- Press into a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- FOR FILLING: Combine marshmallows and cream in a double boiler over hot water, and stir until melted and combined.
- Combine pumpkin puree, sugar, spices and salt.
- Blend in marshmallow mixture; chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge, fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping OR whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.
- Spread top with 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts; chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into serving-size squares, enjoy!
It was very easy to prepare this GREAT TASTING DESSERT! Followed the recipe right to the end & topped the whole thing with some toasted almonds! Actually made this in two bowl, & was going to take one to a neighbor but after 3 of us devoured the first bowl, I decided to hord it all right here! Thanks much for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Cookathon for Kittencal]