1/1 Photo of Special Mac and Cheese for a Crowd
Great meal for busy moms. Kid favorite mac and cheese, with ham and peas made on a large scale. Make up one batch and freeze one or two dishes for meals later. Add salad and bread and you have a complete meal. Great for freezing to save time in the kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil macaroni in water with 1 Tbsp oil in very large pot until tender.
- 2Add frozen peas for last minute of boiling time.
- 3Drain and keep warm.
- 4While macaroni is boiling, melt butter in medium sized bowl in microwave.
- 5Add flour to butter and stir until most of lumps are gone.
- 6Add milk all at once and stir to get butter paste incorporated.
- 7Microwave on high 8 to 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- 8After first 2 minutes add cream cheese.
- 9Continue to stir every 2 minutes until cream cheese is melted in and sauce becomes thick.
- 10Add 1-1/2 cups cheese and stir until melted.
- 11Mix in salt, pepper, garlic salt and ground mustard.
- 12Add to macaroni mixture and stir until sauce is mixed well.
- 13Pour into a 9x13-inch casserole.
- 14You will probably have enough to fill it and then some. I use two or three 8x8-inch squares.
- 15Top with additional cheese and crushed croutons, bake 30 minutes at 350°F.
- 16If freezing, leave out last step until ready to bake.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Mac and Cheese for a Crowd
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.2 mg
- Sodium 759.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 22.4 g