Recipe by MsSally
This is a simple little lunchbox version of chicken salad that I make on occasion. It is full of fruit and very flavorful, but not fattening. Serve with crackers and vegetable sticks.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Lovely chicken salad! I doubled this recipe and used cooked/cooled chicken breast. My DS and I stuffed our chicken salad in half of a whole wheat pita, I lined mine with spring greens. Like breezermom mentioned, combining the curry with the mayo first would have been a good thing. This is a great lunchtime recipe that I'll be using again.
- 1 (5 ounce) can white chicken meat packed in water, drained well
- 1⁄2 medium apple, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper