Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
The tiny shrimp you find in this salad makes it so special! Layered with all the other ingredients, this salad will go fast! Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 lb romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 1⁄4 ounces baby shrimp, canned, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- fresh parsley, minced
- In a 3 quart bowl or dish, layer the romaine, green pepper, onion, peas, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with shrimp, bacon, tomato and eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
Cut back on a few things in this recipe, using just a cup of mayo, 2 slices of bacon & 2 eggs! I realize it threw the balance of flavors off a bit, but it seemed to work for me since my other half is always looking to lower cholesterol & fat! The salad, however, is A GREAT SALAD, & the presentation is right up there! For company I'd go the whole route & make it as directed! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]