Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My favorite chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups special k corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix together in a large bowl,flour,soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat together butter,sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Stir in dry ingredients together with 1 cup Special K.
- Roll tsps of dough into remaining Special K.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Easy to follow instructions. When rolling the dough in the Special K, after the first one, I kind of crunched the rest of it so the cereal pieces weren't so big. I ended up using almost twice as much for coating as listed (maybe 'cause I crunched it?) The only thing I would do different is cut back the sugar to maybe half; the sugar plus the sweetness of the Special K was a little too much for me. I will be making these again! Thank you for sharing.
Great recipe - the special K gives it a different texture and that nice crunch. Easy recipe and fast. Thank you!
Love 'em! My daughter found the recipe here on the Zaar last night and whipped up a batch this afternoon. The whole family is sitting here watching me type and in between bites, offering helpful descriptive slang: "mad tasty" ?!? Thank you for posting, Beeks!