Recipe by andypandy
fast and easy, crispy and crunchy, has a nice simple flavour...this has been our family favourite for 20 years....these are made with the regular first type of cereal. I have made these with all the other special K cereals with larger flakes and they just arent the same in texture or taste.
Top Review by sydster2
I bought a variety pack of Special K at Costco that contained one with chocolate bits that we didn't like as cereal. I used it in this recipe and it was very good. May try it with the strawberry version next.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil (this is my fav. oil to use)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup sliced almonds (toasted is always nice) or 1 cup slivered almonds (toasted is always nice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a mixer until fluffy.
- Add in the oil, beating well.
- Add in all the dry ingredients, combine well.
- Fold in all the cereal and nuts, combining with clean hands.
- Spread onto parchment lined cookie sheet into logs and flatten the tops slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake 15 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave in for another 15 minutes.
- Remove then from oven, onto a wire rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Reset oven to 325°F.
- Cut into slices with serrated knife and place back onto parchment lined sheets cut side down.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Turn each slice over.
- Bake another 9 minutes.
- Until golden and toasty.