Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
sweet, chewy dessert, chocolate lovers, cereal lovers, Peanut butter lovers. I got this recipe from a co-worker of mine and have since changed it in many ways, but this is the original version.
- melt together corn syrup and sugar.
- turn off heat and add P-nut butter.
- stir in cereal.
- dump in lightly greased 9x13 in.
- pan, pressing lightly with buttered fingers or wax paper.
- melt together chocolate chips, buttterscotch chips,and butter in microwave until completely melted.
- Spread over bars and allow to cool.
I have been making this recipe for 23 years, since I met my husband; it's his favorite treat!! Our recipe is nearly identical, except it doesn't include the sugar (and it's very sweet with just the peanut butter and corn syrup), or the butter (and again, the chocolate and butterscotch combination is very rich alone, and doesn't need the butter, too), and it is so delicious, such a treat for everyone who samples these bars. Thank you for posting the recipe. My husband wants me to make them again!
Loved this - made with rice krispies, so I guess technically it isn't Special K Bars, but was really good.
Super yummy! Made this with leftover cereal I had on hand (Wheaties & Crispix) and the family loved it. Followed a fellow reviewers idea to sprinkle chips over top then place in warm oven for 5 min. Spread easily and tasted great!