Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
chewy, bars, with no butter.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white Karo
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 9 cups Special K cereal (slightly smashed )
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Measure all ingredients before you start.
- Combine syrup, and sugar in medium saucepan, heat until warm.
- DO NOT HEAT TOO LONG !
- Add peanut butter.
- Pour mixture over Special k, mix very well.
- Press into jelly roll pan(11x13).
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips and por over cereal mixture.
- Let sit till icing hardens.
- Cut into squares.
Too sweet for me with Karo, sugar and the chocolate, but DH and DD devoured it! I think I'll used only 1 cup of sugar next time and halve the chocolate/butterscotch topping. Very easy to put together though!
This is most certainly for the sweet-of-tooth, & fortunately for me I have several of those buggers right next to my tongue, SO, these bars were definitely appreciated here! I did, however, cut the recipe in half & used an 8:x8" square pan! We very much enjoyed the combo of chips used here! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe tag]
I thought I had some Special K cereal in my cupboard but turns out I didn't so I used rice krispies cereal which worked well, my sweet tooth Ds and GF loved these bars, thanks for sharing WeekendC!