Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from my coworker - this is what we make several times a year for all the birthdays in our office!! This is slightly different than the others posted on here since it doesn't use butter. ENJOY!!
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml corn syrup
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1419.54-1656.13 ml Special K cereal
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips
- Mix sugar and syrup together in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter & vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in Spec. K gradually.
- Put in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt chips together in microwave.
- Spread over the mixture.
- Chill 20 minutes to set the chocolate mix.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
- Store at room temperature in a tightly sealed container.
Very good, but way to sweet! I wonder if you need the sugar? Maybe next time I'll cut it in half, otherwise they remind me of childhood after school snacks!
I have been making this type of bars for years as it's a classic that's been around a long time. For some reason though this recipe is superb. Usually my bars are hard and tough BUT with this recipes they were chewy and delicious. Will definitely keep using this recipe. Thanks
I sent these with my son to scout camp. He was really happy! They're delicious. Instead of the chocolate layer on top, I just sprinkled a few mini-choc chips on top and pressed them in.