Recipe by Mom2Rose
This is a recipe from my coworker - this is what we make several times a year for all the birthdays in our office!! This is slightly different than the others posted on here since it doesn't use butter. ENJOY!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 -7 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and syrup together in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter & vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in Spec. K gradually.
- Put in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt chips together in microwave.
- Spread over the mixture.
- Chill 20 minutes to set the chocolate mix.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
- Store at room temperature in a tightly sealed container.