Recipe by Amberngriffinco
I use the Marie Callendar's copykat crust recipe and I used 1/2 Extra Sharp Cheddar and 1/2 Cabot's Seriously Sharp Hunter's Cheese (WalMart carries this) Very very delicious! Found decades ago from a B & B but never tried till today!
Top Review by The Spice Guru
Wow, this was surprisingly good! The only difference is I added a little chopped fresh dill, since it needed to be used, and a pinch of nutmeg, because I love it in quiche. I will definitely make this again. Great recipe! Thank you for sharing.
- 2 pie crusts
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 113.39 g white cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise or 44.37 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Make double pie crust, or purchase 2 and bake one and cool.
- Spread mustard on baked crust, covering bottom and sides. Arrange tomatoes on top of mustard and cover with a layer of cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.** Repeat process to make 2 or 3 layers, ending with cheese on top. Spread mayonnaise on top of cheese (good luck). Sprinkle parmesan over mayonnaise. Place second pie crust over mixture and seal edges with a fork; cut slits in crust for ventilation.
- Baked 350 degrees 30 minutes, or till top crust is lightly browned. If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil near the end of the baking time if they get too brown.