Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try to get the best ingredients from a good Italian deli
- 1 hoagie roll (8-inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide)
- 4 teaspoons good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thin-sliced boiled ham
- 1 ounce thin-sliced sopressata
- 2 ounces thin-sliced provolone cheese
- 1 ounce thin-sliced prosciutto
- 1 ounce thin-sliced genoa salami
- 2 ounces thin-sliced capicola
- 1⁄4 cup marinated hot peppers (or any bottled peppers of you choice, Mancini Fried peppers are recommended) or 1⁄4 cup marinated sweet pepper (or any bottled peppers of you choice, Mancini Fried peppers are recommended)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced purple onion
- **Pick your favorite bottled pepper product.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise; open it on the counter.
- Pull out some of the interior; sprinkle the oil and vinegar over the cut side of each half; distribute evenly.
- Lay the lettuce on one of the halves; spread it out evenly.
- Top with 2 thin layers of tomato slices (reserve remaining tomato slices); season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the meat and cheese, making sure each layer is distributed evenly along the length and width of the bread half.
- Layer in the following order: the ham, the sopressata, 1 ounce provolone, the prosciutto, the remaining provolone, the Genoa salami, and the cappicola.
- Top meats with the peppers and onion; spread them out evenly.
- Top with 2 thin layers of thin tomato slices.
- Season tomato with salt and pepper.
- Lay the second half of bread on top of the hoagie; cut in half crosswise and serve.