Try to get the best ingredients from a good Italian deli
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 hoagie roll (8-inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide)
- 4 teaspoons good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium ripe tomato, very thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thin-sliced boiled ham
- 1 ounce thin-sliced sopressata
- 2 ounces thin-sliced provolone cheese
- 1 ounce thin-sliced prosciutto
- 1 ounce thin-sliced genoa salami
- 2 ounces thin-sliced capicola
- 1/4 cup marinated hot peppers (or any bottled peppers of you choice, Mancini Fried peppers are recommended) or 1/4 cup marinated sweet pepper (or any bottled peppers of you choice, Mancini Fried peppers are recommended)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced purple onion
- 1**Pick your favorite bottled pepper product.
- 2Cut the bread in half lengthwise; open it on the counter.
- 3Pull out some of the interior; sprinkle the oil and vinegar over the cut side of each half; distribute evenly.
- 4Lay the lettuce on one of the halves; spread it out evenly.
- 5Top with 2 thin layers of tomato slices (reserve remaining tomato slices); season with salt and pepper.
- 6Layer the meat and cheese, making sure each layer is distributed evenly along the length and width of the bread half.
- 7Layer in the following order: the ham, the sopressata, 1 ounce provolone, the prosciutto, the remaining provolone, the Genoa salami, and the cappicola.
- 8Top meats with the peppers and onion; spread them out evenly.
- 9Top with 2 thin layers of thin tomato slices.
- 10Season tomato with salt and pepper.
- 11Lay the second half of bread on top of the hoagie; cut in half crosswise and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Italian Hoagie With Cheese, Peppers, and Five Meats
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.6
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 2101.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 37.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: