Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are awesome.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1 (6 ounce) package swiss cheese
- 1 lb thinly sliced ham
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Spread evenly on each bun half.
- Layer 8 bun haves evenly with cheese and ham.
- Close sandwiches.
- Wrap each sandwich with foil.
- To bake: Frozen in the foil, bake sandwiches for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
I added a slice of salami to each and served at a potluck. My b-i-l crashed the buffet line to get to these babies. He's always so afraid the food would run out so to get even, behind his back, I took a sip of his drink. No, no...I took a bite of his dessert. No, I didn't do that either. Oh, now I remember...I licked the butter off his bread.
These are certainly something special! I had to sub cheddar for the swiss, as someone who shall remain nameless (ah-hem...DH) apparently used it all up, the sneaky fella. It was still wonderful and the spread definitely makes it! (I also scrambled some eggs and added to one sandwich for a breakfast to go for DH and he loved it!)
The sauce on these sandwiches is a nice alternative to the all butter combination that I have made in the past. It tastes more creamy than oily. I made 1/2 recipe of the sauce and only spread on one side of the buns (18) for my super bowl party. Everyone liked them a lot. Thanks for posting!