Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe last year and made it for our Christmas breakfast. It was a huge hit!!
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped (should be between 2/3 and 3/4 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray one 9x13" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup shredded cheese and mix gently.
- Pour into prepared pan and top with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated oven uncovered for 35 minutes.
My family didn't like it, I followed the directions exactly, and the oinion was too much. It was crunchy and over powered the dish. Maybe next time I would omit the onion or saute' the onions so they are at least soft before baking them in the dish. Personally, I like onions and thought they were good.