Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for holiday dinners.
Make and share this Special Green Bean Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small grated onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (28 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- Saute onion in butter.
- Add flour,salt,sugar and pepper.
- Mix in sour cream,beans and cheese.
- Pour into 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with cornflakes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
A wonderful dish! The recipe was easy and it was an elegant side-dish for our dinner. I especially liked the sour cream and Swiss flavors. I will be making this dish again.
I used this as a meal!! Worked very well. The only thing I would do next time is add some garlic and mushrooms.
I fixed this for Thanksgiving and it was great! I added a small can of mushrooms and a tsp. of garlic powder. The next time I make this, I will top it with a can of fried onions because the cornflakes seemed to be a tad soggy. Thanks for posting a great recipe.