Recipe by Bergy
This is a rich potent delicious eggnog. The cherries make a lovely garnish but not necessary
Top Review by Karenlyn2
This recipe is delicious!! I'm planning on making it again this year. I have to disagree-- unless you're under 21, eggnog MUST have alcohol in it. At least, for me. :) It tastes SO wonderful this way.
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 1 quart whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 1 1⁄2 quarts Bourbon
- 1 pint cognac
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- fresh ground nutmeg
- maraschino cherry, with stems (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg yolks until they are light.
- Gradually beat in the sugar until the mixture is thick& light colored.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Pour the egg mizture into a punchbowl that is sitting in crushed ice.
- Blend in the milk and the beaten cream (the cream should not be solid just half beaten so it is thick but not stiff) Slowly pour in the bourbon& Cognac.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the punch with the 2 tbsp of dark rum.