Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a rich potent delicious eggnog. The cherries make a lovely garnish but not necessary
Make and share this Special Gourmet Christmas Eggnog recipe from Food.com.
- Beat the egg yolks until they are light.
- Gradually beat in the sugar until the mixture is thick& light colored.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Pour the egg mizture into a punchbowl that is sitting in crushed ice.
- Blend in the milk and the beaten cream (the cream should not be solid just half beaten so it is thick but not stiff) Slowly pour in the bourbon& Cognac.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the punch with the 2 tbsp of dark rum.
This recipe is delicious!! I'm planning on making it again this year. I have to disagree-- unless you're under 21, eggnog MUST have alcohol in it. At least, for me. :) It tastes SO wonderful this way.
Wonderful recipe!! Thanks!
I say that eggnog is really good and all but that it shouldn't have rum... some kids LOVE egg nog you should never do that! But it was delicous!