Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This looks and tastes the the Garlic Shrimp that you would order from a Portuguese/Spanish restaurant.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb unshelled shrimp (26 to 32 shrimp per pound)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large heavy skillet set over moderately high heat, heat the oil until it is hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it is pale golden.
- Add the red pepper flakes and the shrimp and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute, or until the shrimp are pink and just firm to the touch.
- Sprinkle shrimp with the paprika and cook the mixture, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the Sherry, boil the mixture for 30 seconds, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Season the mixture with the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Delish! We enjoyed these very much. I cut back on the oil, was still wonderful! Thanks!
This was excellent!! I used tarragon instead of parsley and I thought it picked it up even more. Next time I will use peeled shrimp. It is easier to get to the sauce with peeled shrimp. Thanks for the recipe Annmarie
this excellent and easy and it DOES taste just like my favorite Portuguese restaurant dish