1/2 Photos of Special Garlic & Cheese Potato Casserole
Nana Lee's Note:
The recipe doesn't designate a cooking time so I'm guessing. However, cooking time aside, this sounds scrumptious! I'll be making it very soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The Pan:.
- 2Large oven dish, must be at least 6 inches deep.
- 3If not this deep, make sure it is large around. I'd say minimum 4" deep.
- 4A large disposable foil casserole pan should work fine.
- 6Peel (or not) and slice potatoes to no thicker than a dime (2-3mm).
- 7Layer the bottom of your oven dish with 2-3 layers of potatoes.
- 8Cover potatoes with a thick layer of grated cheese.
- 9Crush one clove of garlic over the top of the cheese, spreading out evenly.
- 10NOTE: If you know how much cheese and garlic you WILL use, just crush the garlic and mix it with the cheese to make spreading easier.
- 11Continue to do this 3-4 times depending on how deep your oven dish is.
- 12End up with a cheese and garlic layer to finish, not potatoes.
- 13Mix milk and egg together and pour over the top of the cheese.
- 14Bake at 180º C (350º F)until potatoes are soft and cheese topping is browned off
- 15Cooking time will vary depending on number of layers and thickness of potato slices.
- 16VARIATION: adding meat of your choice to this with the cheese/garlic layer, would make this a great main dish.
- 17If other ingredients are added, you may have to double the egg/milk mixture, and adjust the cooking time.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special Garlic & Cheese Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (1526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1553.3
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 338.8 mg
- Sodium 960.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 210.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 65.5 g