Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
WOW, when lobster is in season, this is a must try (but not for the Chef who is upset by cooking live seafood) Budget meal, this isn't, but elegant and delish for that special someone... Pop a good champagne, serve with a baby spinach salad with poppy sead dressing and a good rustic bread. From Al Forno restaurant in Providence, RI
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped Italian parsley, washed and dried
- 4 (1 1/2 lb) hard-shell live lobsters
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat until very hot.
- Add red pepper flakes, garlic and parsley. The mixture should begin to sizzle immediately.
- Stir until parsley darkens and the garlic is golden.
- Turn the heat down slightly and add the lobsters, cover and cook over medium-high heat for 12-14 minutes until the lobsters are cooked.
- Serve immediately with the juices on the side for dipping.
- Add a little more olive oil to each serving if desired.