Recipe by Marie
All in one pan breakfast or brunch meal. Potatoes, peppers and onions are combined and cooked in a skillet. Make 6 nests in potato mixture and drop an egg in each, top with bacon and cheese and you are good to go. Boil potatoes ahead and refrigerate them until needed. Recipe from Kraft Foods.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (3 1/2 cups)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in saucepan, cover with water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium high heat; remove from skillet and place on paper towels to drain.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel and add red pepper and onion to skillet.
- Cook and stir on medium heat for 3 minutes, then add potatoes.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make 6 small wells in potato mixture and drop 1 raw egg in each well.
- Sprinkle evenly with bacon and cheese.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until eggs are set.