Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Southern Living, August 2006. These were so good and looked pretty as well. We doubled the recipe to try and it was gone immediately. We were testing these for a big shindig that we are having this summer. "To hard-cook eggs, place in large pot and cover with cold water. Boil for 1 minute, and remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes."
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (the real stuff)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (the real stuff)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- finely chopped green onions or chives or freshly chopped fresh parsley
- Cut eggs in half lendthwise; carefully remove yolks, and place in a bowl. Set egg whites aside.
- Mash yolks until smooth; add bacon and 8 next ingredients and stir until blended.
- Spoon or pipe mixture evenly into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with green onions, chives or parsely.