Recipe by Manami
Southern Living, August 2006. These were so good and looked pretty as well. We doubled the recipe to try and it was gone immediately. We were testing these for a big shindig that we are having this summer. "To hard-cook eggs, place in large pot and cover with cold water. Boil for 1 minute, and remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes."
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (the real stuff)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (the real stuff)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- finely chopped green onions or chives or freshly chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggs in half lendthwise; carefully remove yolks, and place in a bowl. Set egg whites aside.
- Mash yolks until smooth; add bacon and 8 next ingredients and stir until blended.
- Spoon or pipe mixture evenly into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with green onions, chives or parsely.